Monday, November 8, 2010

Stylin'...or Not

Halloween happened a week or so ago. I love me some Halloween and usually develop a strong obsession with wearing the PERFECT costume. However, when you're broke, new to a city, and aren't surrounded by friends who are also obsessed with costuming, it's hard to make the perfect costume happen. I've also found that I tend to shit out on myself every other year or so. If my costume last year was incredible (it was), then this year's will be mediocre, at best (it was). The only good thing about mediocre costumes is that I usually find a way to wear a couple mediocre costumes throughout the weekend. I guess two crappy costumes are better than one? So anyway, this year, on Saturday night, I wore (fake) blood soaked hospital scrubs, and then on Sunday, I wore what I called an Ambivalent Hipster costume, which consisted of a bunch of normal clothes I already had, worn together to suggest that I'm too cool and alternative to give a shit. I posted a picture of it on Facebook, and got a lot of compliments about how cute it was. I did actually kind of agree, but it also felt really trendy and like I tried really hard to look nice. However, there's nothing wrong with looking nice, and now, after all the compliments and the fact that I actually felt noticeable and decent that day, I've decided that I need to revamp my personal style. I'm not going for "hipster cool," but I would like to take advantage of some trends that actually work really well for me. Plus, I totally want to go shopping. It'll take some time to put the wardrobe together satisfactorily, but consider it my goal for the rest of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment