Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Roses...

...and it's about damn time! Seriously, though? So many things I've wanted for so very long have finally started to happen this year! Some things also totally sucked, but so far, it's all led to something even more awesome than I could've imagined. I guess it kind of started when I got laid off last fall from a job I didn't like at all, and couldn't have stayed at too long by choice anyway. I drew unemployment and lazed about for a while, and it was nice. Then I started to feel like a pile of worthless, non-contributing crap and my benefits were nearing their end, and found some hilarious and sometimes awesome census work. Then it was back to the old test scoring place that has temp. jobs year round for a few months. Somewhere in there, I applied for a wedding coordinator/dj job. Considering the fact that they just offered me a branch of their business in the city I'm moving to in less than a month, rather than lose me all together, I'd say that's worked out incredibly well. And why am I moving in less than a month? Oh, only because I got accepted to graduate school. So now, I have a job that encompasses everything I've ever wanted one to have, I get to learn a bunch of new stuff, and be in an intellectual environment again. I seriously couldn't ask for more right now. Well, except for ourselves, our crap, and especially our cats to be magically transported the thousand plus miles that it's going to take to get there, for free. Alas, it'll never be. A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment